Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ghost

I came out of this place with no air, (was it water?) where I dreamed of the nights when my mom and ad drove me through Fort Adams in Newport at night. Obscure songs I never thought I'd know on the car radio, my father was so alive. I'd sell my soul now to see him so alive again. He sang and told my mother that he loved her. He told me loved me. I am back in that velvet night again. He forgives me for being me, and we take a final ride. We are happy. I hate that he is not here. Would he be proud of me? I would sell my soul for one more velvet Fort Adams night where I believed my mother loved me and I had a family. But waking from that world is like coming up for air after being underwater - gasping for breath and something to hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment