Friday, December 31, 2010

Fruitless and Ruthless

Lobotomize me.
Hollow out a vessel of flag-waving anarchy,
A watchdog laps up well-hidden poison, sweet like sugar and savory as T-Bone fat.
Train me to stare at stars like you.
Terrorize me.
When the surgery is unsuccessful.
Fruitless missions, dry baskets yielding nothing but vapors from lukewarm dreampools.
Vandalize me.
Bitch slapping with yellow labels,
They be bridges of hate, so easy for you to cross, and build metropolises on,
Easy access to the places of worship for desecration.
Sodomize me.
Teaching me lessons in humility,
Being humble is reserved for the birds,
Early morning creatures of habit and no hunt.
You long to force upon me wing, but no matching talons for defense.
Memorize me.
In between brusque lines of candor and over-the-counter dime store advice,
There is a grain of salt worth knowing.
A window pane looking out to Jupiter,
Tunnels filled with apocalypse rations,
food for survivors.
Prioritize for me.
Vast lists of finite futures,
All scripted out for melancholy, violin-playing Harpies,
The ever growing list of evil women inside of my head.
Each picking a new instrument,
Each one planting Sage graves disguised as seedlings.
Traumatize me.
Brick walls but completely breakable.
Bodily fluids and fermentation of infancy,
Flowing through my veins is a long line of risk taking and half-battles.

3 comments:

  1. WHOA.

    This line:("Being humble is reserved for the birds[...]") is very similar to a line in my newest poem (that I wrote and posted before reading this) ("That shit's for the birds").
    This takes ESP to an all new level. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, ELYSE (haha); furthermore, it's ironic that the lines are similarly written, but nearly opposite in meaning. I see both sides, though.

    I also love the irony of "finite futures."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of art is that it is open for interpretation, regardless of what the artist's intentions were; however, I would love to get inside your head.


    Whoever is talking/narrating, I can feel his/her insecurities. I can feel his/her uncertainty through his/her lucid reasoning to keep what's permanent, permanent and what's not, not, but why the "half battles?" Cowardly impulsions? or just insecurities? Oh the umbrella effect, I'm sure.

    Pardon my rant. I was just analyzing.


    Structurally beautiful. Meaningfully piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half-battles is referring to all the bad things I've had to do in my life, that seem like complete wars for me, but I call them 'half-battles' because to other people, I havent gone through enough yet to constitute them as wars. The things that I'm telling people, like "lobotomize me, sodomize me' are things that I feel like people do to us everyday if we let them. We let people get into our heads and fuck us up. Thanks lovie :)

    ReplyDelete